Conversion of a detached, barn style garage for Mr Steve Revill from St Albans.
The building was in a dilapidated state which required a new roof. The walls needed to be repaired and the front of the building needed stabilising.
The brief was to make the necessary repairs and convert the space into a gym.
As with most garage conversions, the walls, floor and ceiling required insulating to comply with building regulations and to make the space usable during the cold months.
The project took eight week from start to finish.
As part of this project we carried out the following tasks:
- Repairs to walls.
- Replaced the roof.
- Supplied and fitted new windows, including roof windows and French doors.
- Insulated the walls, floor and ceiling.
- New electrical installation including, lights, switches, sockets and heaters.
- Painted the interior and exterior walls
- We also replaced the decking at the front of the garage.
- The last job was to create a soak-away to take the rainwater away from the building which was necessary because of the ground levels around the building.